Aerodynamically, older (1980-2006) Educational Wind Tunnels (EWT) function just as well as the newest!
AEROLAB now offers an upgraded Data Acquisition and Control (DAC) system for these tunnels. Available for all pre-2006 AEROLAB EWTs with square test sections and a “sting” strain gage force balance, the system features the same National Instruments hardware and LabVIEW software installed on new, complete EWTs.
Employing National Instruments hardware, LabVIEW software, solid-state sensors and a Dell computer, the system measures, displays (real-time) and records the following:
- Force/Moment balance output (Axial Force, Normal Force and Pitching Moment)
- Model position (Angle of attack)
- Pressure (with optional solid-state manometer, only)
- (selectable units: SI and Standard American)
The system also controls
- Airspeed. In manual mode, fan speed is fixed at your desired setting. In automatic mode, airspeed is fixed at your desired setting regardless of model position.
The upgrade includes
- Dell desktop computer with flat screen monitor
- All necessary connectors, wires and cables
- National Instruments™ hardware and an executable LabVIEW™ program
- Anodized aluminum workstation
- 1st-order sting balance recalibration
The EWT Upgrade requires
- Customer installation of cable/pressure tube connections
- Customer calibration of pitch angle (instructions included)
- Trade in of existing AEROLAB EWT instrument panel
- Delivery of Sting Balance and electronics cabinet for factory calibration and installation
- The Upgrade is supplied with an executable LabVIEW file. As such, LabVIEW software is not needed.
- Some wind tunnel speed controllers (Variable Frequency Drive) may not be compatible with the Upgrade. Contact AEROLAB for details.
With a workshop dedicated to instrumentation and development, AEROLAB can design, assemble and install a data acquisition, display and control system to meet your exact needs. AEROLAB engineers have vast experience with wind-tunnel-related sensors and instrumentation as well as LabVIEW software. Contact AEROLAB with your ideas and specifications for a custom-made quotation.Low Speed