The AEROLAB Educational Wind Tunnel (EWT) System is a powerful tool for educators and researchers alike.
With many optional features available, the budget-conscious user can start with a basic system and upgrade as needs change or funding becomes available.
The Complete EWT System is an easy-to-use, all-in-one fluids / aerodynamics laboratory. Optional features include instrumentation, data acquisition, models and probes. Contact AEROLAB and build a system today.
Perfectly scaled for high school or university use, the basic EWT system is also popular with small technical businesses needing an accurate, reliable testing device.
- Airspeed Range – 10 mph (4.5 m/s) to 145+ mph (65 + m/s)
- Turbulence Level – less than 0.2%
- Reynolds Number (per foot) – 1.4 x 10^6 /foot
- Test Section Dimensions – 12”x12”x24” (30.5cm x 30.5cm x 61cm)
- Length – 15 feet (4.6m)
- Width – 42 inches (1.1m)
- Height – 6 feet (1.8m)
- Weight – approximately 600 pounds (272 kg)
- Power – 10 hp (7.5 KW) electric motor
- Mobility – Four (4) industrial-grade steel casters with polyurethane wheels
- Fiberglass Construction – Accurately-formed, rugged, and strong
- Honeycomb Flow Straightener – Expanded aluminum, 4-inch deep hexagonal cells
- Turbulence-reducing Screens – Two (2) 20×20 (mesh) stainless steel screens
- Contraction Contour – 9.5:1 propietary contraction
- Static Pressure Ring – Non-invasive access to test section static pressure used for airspeed indication
- Test Section – Anodized aluminum structure with integrated yaw table
- Visibility – Two (2) top-hinged Acrylic side doors and one (1) top window
- Diffuser – 6-deg included divergence angle with an expansion ratio of 1:3
- Motor Control – Variable Frequency Drive (VFD), configurable to all international Voltages
- Noise Attenuator – Integrated double-walled construction
Data Acquisition, Display and Control (DAC) System
- National Instruments hardware and LabVIEW software (no license necessary)
- Capable of monitoring: Force/Moment Balance output, pressures, model angle of attack, and temperature (additional hardware required)
- Capable of setting and maintaining wind tunnel airspeed (dynamic pressure) regardless of model orientation
- Dell desktop computer with required peripherals included
3-Component Force/Moment Sting Balance
- Simultaneously measure Normal Force, Axial Force, and Pitching Moment
- Quickly reconfigurable to measure Side Force, Axial Force, and Yawing Moment
- 3/8-inch outside diameter sting mount
- Adaptable to alternate model positioning systems
- 1st-order Factory calibration (supplied with Balance-specific calibration bar)
See the Educational Wind Tunnel (EWT) brochure.
- Low Speed
- Airspeed Range - 10 mph (4.5 m/s) to 145+ mph (65 + m/s)
- Turbulence Level - less than 0.2%
- Reynolds Number (per foot) - 1.4 x 10^6 /foot