A full range of configurations, sizes and features
For more than 60 years, AEROLAB has specialized in the design and analysis of the full range of wind tunnel configurations:
- Low speed wind tunnels (Eiffel, blowdown, and closed circuit)
- Vertical wind tunnels
- Transonic wind tunnels
- Supersonic wind tunnels
Our portfolio includes these and other successful designs:
- A wide range of sizes: test section cross sections of a few inches in width to 14 feet wide.
- Unconventional configurations or unconventional features: expanding corner vanes and contractions and diffusers that transition cross sectional shape along their length.
CFD and Optimization Technology
Our current designs are based on proven design principles and refined using the current state-of-the-art design and analysis resources, including Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and optimization technology. AEROLAB utilizes these tools to do the following:
- Maximize test section flow quality
- Minimize flow non-uniformities
- Accurately predict power requirements
- Optimize circuit layout and sizing
Our CFD practices include both steady-state and transient analysis, allowing us to properly model the physics associated with different system configurations. Our CFD team has a proven track record in closely replicating experimental test results for a wide range of applications.
Our optimization technology maximizes value through extensive automation of the design process. Designs are incrementally modified algorithmically until specific design requirements are met within the established design constraints. With this technology, our team improves the performance and efficiency of critical wind tunnel components, including the following:
- Turning vanes
- Contraction nozzles
- Transition ducts (e.g., round to square)
We work closely with you to tailor our designs and drive optimization goals and constraints to the unique sensitivities specific to each wind tunnel configuration such as these:
- Test section configuration and size
- Flow quality requirements
- Space availability
- Power availability
Please contact us for a free design and analysis quote.