The successful candidate will be a member of the lead technical team designing, testing and development of custom wind tunnels, traverse systems and associated accessories. The technical tasks will include conceptual as well as detail designs of wind tunnels for customers, sizing of power systems and related instrumentation for the purposes of wind tunnel testing. In addition, tasks will include support for the development, modification, integration, test and maintenance of these wind tunnel systems.
Jessup is located between Baltimore and Washington DC giving the candidate a unique option of living in or between either city.
AEROLAB was founded in 1947 to fulfill the need for high-quality, affordable classroom educational tools.
AEROLAB’s first sale was an Educational Wind Tunnel (EWT) to the Academy of Aeronautics, currently known as Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology, in New York. In the nearly six decades that followed, the EWT has evolved to a high tech version of its predecessor, employing a state of the art LabVIEW based data acquisition and control system. It continues to be one of AEROLAB’s most popular standard products. In the nearly seven decades since that first delivery, the EWT has evolved into a high-tech version of its predecessor with modern instruments and extensive model sets available and employing a state of the art LabVIEW based data acquisition and control system. It continues to be one of AEROLAB’s most popular standard products
- Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering; Master of Science
is highly desired.
- Individual must have a desire for low speed wind tunnel testing and design.
- 3+ years of experience (practical and/or academic) to include development and/or refinement of low speed aerodynamics; work with any test data which can include flight test data, aerodynamic data, any large data sets to be able to manipulate and analyze. Excellent documentation and report writing skills are essential for this position.
- MATLAB programming language skills.
- Must have a good knowledge of sound engineering practices that may include such areas as requirement technical communication, and/or the peer review process.
- Must have the ability to communicate with customers on their
requirements for custom wind tunnels.
- Experience with technical work in flight dynamics and related fields.