AEROLAB is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a Construction Project Manager position.
This position is full-time.
The candidate will be responsible for coordinating with general contractors, sub-contractors, architects, engineers, fabricators, and owners throughout projects where AEROLAB may either serve as a prime contractor, sub-contractor, or independent supplier to an owner. Primary responsibilities will include management of schedules, budgets, RFIs, submittals, inventory, equipment, and materials. The Construction Project Manager we are looking for will have previous experience in project management and construction management from either a general contractor, sub-contractor, or owner team. The ideal applicant will be highly organized, with the ability to plan ahead and multitask in order to meet deadlines and keep projects under budget.
- Oversee construction related activities of AEROLAB projects from beginning to end.
- Manage construction related budgets and estimate costs.
- Determine the necessary equipment, materials, and manpower needed.
- Keep track of inventory, tools and equipment.
- Ensure supplies and equipment are ordered and delivered according to schedule.
- Prepare reports regarding job status.
- Resolve any problems that may arise.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and applicable codes.
- Evaluate risks.
- Collaborate with general contractors, subcontractors, engineers, architects and key team members of the project team.
- Collaborate and communicate with project or building ownership when needed.
- Negotiate with external vendors on contract agreements.
- Plan construction operations.
- Ensure all deadlines are met.
- Allocate and manage resources to ensure that they are available when they are needed throughout the construction projects.
- Keep all stakeholders aware of the progress on projects and prepare progress reports regularly.
- Handle any environmental or local community issues that may come up during a project.
- Conduct site checks to monitor progress and quality standards.
- Participate in and lead meetings for regular progress updates, OAC and pull sessions.
- Function as part of a Product Design Team following the guidance provided by design and project engineers.
- Proper interpretation of design specifications, drawings, and schematics.
- Familiarity with engineering and construction terminology.
- Extensive previous work experience managing budgets for construction projects.
- Excellent knowledge of construction materials and equipment.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Project and other typical project management systems.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and Word Processing software.
- Experience with typical CAD packages including AutoCAD, Revit, SolidWorks, Navisworks is preferred.
- Knowledge of sheet metal design and fabrication.
- Good time management skills, high work ethics.
- Able to multitask and plan ahead.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Positive contributor to team participation.
- Focused, methodical with good analytical skills.
- Able to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in teams.
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Construction Project Manager or similar role.
- BS/BA in Architecture, Building Science, Engineering, Construction management or other associated field is preferred.
Location and Travel
- The position is based at AEROLAB’s main facility in Jessup MD.
- Frequent offsite travel to customer sites will be required.
We are seeking well-rounded, team players with both the technical and people skills the thrive in a company that’s producing cutting edge aerodynamic research equipment.