The Controls Engineer is responsible for supporting the on-going engineering projects in addition to development of software and programming for wind tunnel controls system in an extremely fast-paced environment focused in the aerospace industry. Day to day tasks involve configuring and programing NI hardware and software which controls wind tunnels as well as different instrumentation. The engineer will also provide troubleshooting support for the control software. Generate detailed software documentation describing the developed modules. Review software module source code and participate in peer reviews. This role requires a technical and self-motivated individual, who is trustworthy and detail-oriented, has excellent communication skills, exhibits a high degree of corporate maturity, committed to production uptime and data integrity, and requires little oversight
This is a full-time position.
- BS in Software Engineering BSCS (Computer Science), or BSCE (Computer Engineering), B.S.E.E. (Bachelors of Electrical Engineering) or related field with 7 – 10 years of on-the-job work experience.
- Minimum 4 years in real time embedded control.
- Minimum 4 years on-the-job experience.
- Programming skills required include proficiency with ANSI C, Java, C++, LabVIEW, Matlab, Microsoft Office, and various system software control architecture.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and writing skills.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Exercise creative thinking and ideas to advance business performance.
- Provide technical support to customers.