AEROLAB is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a PLC Programmer position. The candidate will be responsible for designing and programming PLC based control systems in coordination with the company’s controls engineering team.
This is a full-time position.
The candidate is expected to perform the following routine functions:
- Proper interpretation of control specifications, drawings, and schematics.
- Create and maintain functional specification documents, P&ID diagrams, and instrument lists.
- Programming of PLC systems using Allen-Bradley ControlLogix, CompactLogix, RSLogix, and MicroLogix platforms.
- Selection of PLC, electronics, and instrument hardware.
- Maintain engineering bill of materials for control systems.
- Test and reporting of control systems.
- Coordinate with the company’s engineering team to ensure successful development and deployment of project deliverables.
- Function as part of a Product Design Team following the guidance provided by design and project engineers.
- Proficient in PLC programming with Allen-Bradley experience.
- Strong knowledge of industrial control systems.
- Strong knowledge of data acquisition and control systems.
- Knowledge and experience with motion control systems.
- Experience in computer aided drafting techniques and standard engineering practices.
- Familiarity with engineering terminology.
- Proficient in use of CAD and design software systems associated with control systems including AutoCAD and Visio.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and Word Processing software.
- Good time management skills, high work ethics.
- Positive contributor to team participation.
- Focused, methodical with good analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple activities to meet target dates.
- Able to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in teams
Education and Experience
- 4 Year degree in Mechanical Engineering / Engineering Technology
- 2 Year degree and 2+ years of experience in PLC programming
- 4+ Years of experience in Mechanical Design
Location and Travel
- The position is based at AEROLAB’s main facility in Jessup, MD.
- Infrequent offsite travel may be required.
We are seeking well-rounded, team players with both the technical and people skills the thrive in a company that’s producing cutting edge aerodynamic research equipment.