AEROLAB is a recognized leader in the design and manufacturing of custom wind tunnels, nationally and internationally.
It provides custom wind tunnel design solutions for academia, private industry and the military.
AEROLAB’s 30,000 square foot facility includes designing, machining, welding, painting, and electronics shops exclusively dedicated to the development and construction of a wide variety of wind tunnels and aerodynamic research
AEROLAB continues to marry the seamless integration of aerospace research with cutting-edge practices. To accomplish this, it employs highly skilled engineers, machinists, fabricators and technical consultants, all of whom share a
commitment to quality and a passion for wind tunnels.
AEROLAB products can be found in many of the most prestigious engineering institutions around the world, and our list of clients includes many major domestic and international institutions. AEROLAB is proud of its contribution to aerospace and the many other industries in which wind tunnels provide valuable contributions.
- Program and operate HAAS CNC mills.
- Capable of all machinist responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Set up and run mills which includes both CNC Lathes and manual mills.
- Ability to operate CNC equipment and able to edit CNC programs.
- Ability to program CNC machines.
- Initiate and drive cost reduction and fabrication process recommendations.
- Must be able to do high quality work consistently in an acceptable amount of time.
- Must have strong knowledge of the proper application of tooling.
- Capable of reading and understanding blueprints.
- Capable of hand layout and drilling.
- Ability to communicate with Engineering and offer suggestions regarding changes to machine blueprints.
- Must seek self-improvement through continued education and training.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor
- At least 5 years of machining experience.
- Good communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a team environment.
- Strong mechanical and mathematical skills
- Pay commensurate with experience and capabilities.
- Hours – day shift, over time sometimes available.
- Benefits – vacation and sick time, health insurance.