AEROLAB is in search of an experienced manufacturing project manager to plan and supervise a wide range of wind tunnel manufacturing projects from start to finish. The candidate will organize and oversee the construction procedures and
ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
Typical projects will include large wind tunnels that integrate with and attach to building structures. The candidate will be required to read and understand engineering drawings and plans that are stamped and sealed for submittal to building architects, structural engineers, and relevant municipalities for approval.
An excellent project manager will be well versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to communicate with customers as well as other AEROLAB team members. The ultimate goal is to ensure that all projects are delivered on a time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
The candidate is expected to perform the following functions on a daily basis:
- Proper interpretation of design specifications and drawings.
- Develop, prepare, and review reports to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Perform inspections of systems operations and of structures and facilities during construction.
- Interpret and implements relevant statutes and regulations.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports.
- Maintain a schedule of ongoing projects and its deadlines
- Proven experience as construction project manager.
- Familiarity with Autodesk REVIT, Solidworks and AutoCAD is a strong plus.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and Word Processing software.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and techniques.
- Understanding of mechanical systems is a plus.
- Familiarity with wind tunnels is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- A team player with leadership abilities.